Irvine Dating Service Two of Us is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing twoofusirvine.com, you acknowledge and fully understand Irvine Dating Service Two of Us’ Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
What information we collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (non-PII). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. The following sections describe how your PII and non-PII are collected by us, and how we use such information.
How we collect and use information
- Log files: Any time you visit any of our websites, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share the log files externally.
- Web beacons: “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any PII.
- Personal information: We will ask you when we need personal information in order to provide a service or to carry out a transaction that you requested such as information about Two Of Us Matchmaking and our services. The personal information we collect may include your name, title, company or organization name, information about your job function, your marital status, whether or not you have children, your religion, your income range, your sexual preferences, your personal likes and dislikes, and other information about your dating habits. In support of these uses, we may use personal information to provide you with more effective customer service, to improve the Site and any related services, and to make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing the Site to your particular preference or interests.
- Phone number and email address: We require a phone number and email address from you when you register for interest in our services. You agree that such an act constitutes a purchase, an inquiry and/or an application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule, 16 C.F.R. § 310, et seq. (the “ATSR”). Notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission’s Do-Not-Call List, By registering with, or requesting information through this website, such action shall constitute a purchase, an inquiry and/or an application with the respective third-party advertiser for purposes of the ATSR and you may be contacted via e-mail, direct mail and/or telemarketing or automated telephone messaging by such third-party advertiser in accordance with the ATSR. Persons who supply a phone number will receive telephone contact from Two of Us Matchmaking regarding your interest in our services. We use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., submittal confirmation) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from us, each e-mail communication includes an unsubscribe link allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Two Of Us Matchmaking services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Demographic data: Demographic data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitors’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with third-parties on a non-personally identifiable basis. This use includes the publishing of press releases detailing statistics about the usage of this website and will be on a NPI basis.
Control of your Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of our company or that of our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents without your permission. Please be aware that this privacy statement and any choices you make on the Site will not necessarily apply to personal information you may have provided to us in the context of other, separately operated, services, including, without limitation, personal interviews and written applications for membership.
Security of your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We may transmit names and phone numbers without the use of SSL protocol.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
Changes to this Statement
We will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how we are protecting your information.